“If you can’t fly, you can run, if you can’t run you can walk
If you can’t walk, you can crawl, that’s the beauty of it all
If you can’t crawl, you can roll, keep your eyes upon your goal
You have your place in the flock, if you can’t roll then you can rock”
The chorus from one of David Roth’s www.davidrothmusic.com
Songs “If you Can’t Fly”
I sang this song over, and over and over again when I was making the decision in 1999 to leave my secure teaching position and begin to do my Belief Re-patterning work full time.
Everyone of us has a song we sing to ourselves, and you might as well train your subconscious mind to sing something that is supportive! Even now, as I move into another larger way of BE-ing in the world, with new discoveries to make, challenges to navigate, and accomplishments to claim!
- I forgive myself for believing I can’t do what my heart desires.
- I give myself permission to step into my dream, and keep my eyes on my goal.
- I choose to take a step in the direction of my dreams. “If I can’t fly, I’ll run. If I can’t run, I’ll walk. If I can’t walk, I’ll crawl.” I choose to move forward.
- I am free to move toward my goal by… (1 specific thing, 10 minutes or less that you can absolutely do today.)
- I know what it feels like to take a step in the direction of my dreams. I did it when I … (1 specific example of when you’ve done this in the past)
- I am moving in the direction of my dreams – however I can move today: Fly, Run, Walk, Crawl, Roll. I rock!
With gratitude for the power of music in my life, and for songwriters, like David, who put into words and music the human condition in a way that supports, enlightens and empowers.
May the force be with you as you take one step everyday!