“If you spoke to your friends the way you speak to yourself, how many friends would you have?”
- I forgive myself for believing that it is OK to put myself down.
- I give myself permission to speak to myself in supportive ways.
- I choose to speak kindly and supportively to myself – it matters.
- I am free to be as thoughtful with how I speak to myself as I am to those I care deeply about.
- I know what it feels like to be spoken to supportively and kindly, and I am grateful to my friends and family who are supportive.
- I am learning to be more supportive of myself through positive self-talk.
Becoming aware of the feelings that result from how you speak to yourself clears the way for you to increase your positive self-image. After all, you wouldn’t hang out with someone who put you down and spoke unkindly to you …. and you spend all of your time with yourself! Your inner dialogue creates your self-concept, more so than the thoughts, actions, and comments of others.