Life is better at the lake.
Go fishing, watch the sunset, splash and play, nap often, make s’mores, wish on stars, enjoy wildlife, tell campfire stories.
A day at the lake restores the soul.
I’m just “sittin’ on the dock of the bay, wastin’ time”.
If you are lucky enough to have a place at the lake you’re lucky enough.
Give me the splendid silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling.
Life’s a lake. Jump right in.
In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.
If you’re not barefoot, you are over-dressed.
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore. I hear it in the deep heart’s core.
Advice from a lake: be clear, make positive ripples, look beneath the surface, stay calm, shore up friendships, take time to reflect.
We’re on lake time. Today feels like a cottage day. Put your feet up, take a break, sit back, relax, you’re at the lake.
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
Heaven is a little closer in a home by the lake.
There is nowhere to go. You are already there.
…with gratitude to Donna G. in Windermere BC for opening her lake home to me, and having this on a plaque in the bathroom reminding me of what is truly important!
- I forgive myself for believing I’m wherever I am physically.
- I give myself permission to “go to the lake” in my mind.
- I choose how I use my imagination and my memory, and I choose to nurture myself with positive, calming thoughts.
- I am free to “go to the lake” in my mind – right now!
- I know what it feels like to hop in a canoe and paddle across the lake, to dive into the cool water, to go to bed with the sunset and greet the day with the sunrise…
- I am actively using my memory and my imagination in a supportive and nourishing way.
How delicious! I was scheduled to drive home from the lake today – and then – as if by magic, tomorrow rescheduled itself, and I am gifting myself another day at the lake. I’m “Little Kid” excited!
Off for the first of many dips in the lake on this extra special day!