It isn’t so much sabotage as simply an old pattern of behaviour coming from your subconscious mind that runs the programs when your conscious mind is not on “super vigilant”…it is the way we are wired.
Your subconscious mind runs the show most of the time – and that is a good thing – however, when you are attempting to make a change – like with a goal or a resolution – the subconscious wiring gets in the way. Your conscious decision to make positive and supportive change sometimes works…but often the “old way” emerges. How you deal with the old patterns will determine your success with the changes you desire, and old patterns run deep and are powerful. This is why change seems hard and has in the past taken a long time.
What if it could be easy and immediate?
Rather than focusing on changing your behaviour, change the way you treat yourself as a result of that behaviour and you’ll change the old subconscious wiring…
- I forgive myself for all the times I beat up on myself.
- I give myself permission to build trust in me, one step at a time.
- I choose to build trust in myself by doing one thing, right now, in the direction of my goal/resolution.
- As I choose to deepen trust in myself, the old patterns dissolve.
- I can continue to beat up on myself or I can focus on creating trust – I choose to deepen trust in my ability to do one thing toward my goal.
- I am free to focus on what I am doing toward my goal – that deepens trust in myself.
- I make a list of everything I have done toward my goal – and I focus my attention there.
- I am actively deepening trust in myself, and I am moving in the direction of my goal!
- I am grateful to myself for learning to trust myself in deeper ways.
It is about building a trusting relationship with yourself. One step at a time – and part of that is being understanding and kind to yourself when you go “off track” – that will bring you back on track quickly and with ease. Big deep breath in…one thing toward your goal…
The post Resolutions fading? appeared first on Belief Re-patterning.